Friday, October 7, 2011

Technology Self-Assessment: School 2.0

After the technology self assesment quiz, I chose the NETS-T 1 module: Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity. I chose this because I think creativity allows children to have more fun with learning and makes it more enjoyable, which is extremely important and can possibly encourage further learning. I chose to use the "Create Art All Together Now" resource under number 3 in this module. This lesson showed a video of the creativity involved in google spreadsheets. It showed how you could color specific squares in the spreadsheet to create specific designs and illusions. I decided to chose this resource because I think it is important to allow students to show their creativity through art with technology because it not only teaches them important technological resources that they could use in the future, but also shows encourages and helps spacial management, planning, cognitive thinking, strategic tools, and imagination. From watching the video, I learned that spreadsheets did not have to be business oriented and boring. I didn't know you could provide color, so therefore, I did not know that designing pictures from the specific colored boxes could be possible. It adds something new to spreadsheets, and could possibly affect the use of them in schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment